Signed in as:
Signed in as:
W.A.K.E., Inc. hosts 1 week overnight camps for youth in grades K-12. Each camp may have a specific target age/grade range. Please check the age/grade range for the camp you are interested in serving as a counselor.
W.A.K.E., Inc. is seeking an energetic, accountable Summer Camp Counselor (SCC) to provide a safe and memorable experience for our campers. The SCC will be responsible for an assigned cabin group of 4 – 5 campers for the duration of their stay. Duties include monitoring meals, overseeing transitions to and from scheduled events and activities, and facilitating and participating in group activities. The ideal candidate will be an excellent multitasker with a genuine passion for working with and empowering young people. Applicants should be patient, fun-loving, and confident in their ability to motivate and assist campers in everything from learning new skills to working through homesickness.
Salary:Volunteer (Travel from the lower 48, Transportation, Accommodations, and Meals are provided.)
· Keep track of camper dietary restrictions and allergies, and ensure proper snacks/meals are distributed to each camper in your cabin
· Coordinate your cabins daily schedule of activities and manage transitions to ensure timely arrival of your entire group
· Ensure that everyone in your group engages in the camp activities
· Facilitate group activities for your campers during free periods
· Mediate any conflicts that may arise between members of your group
· Delegate chores to maintain the cleanliness of your cabin’s facilities, including ensuring that no food items are left out.
· Report any notable concerns or incidents to Camp Director
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Proven track record of superior organization and multi-tasking
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Possess an engaging and positive personality
· Must be able to participate in potentially strenuous physical activity
· Demonstrated skills in conflict mediation and resolution
Education and Experience:
· High School Diploma or GED required
· Must be at least 18 years of age or older
· Have at least 1-2 years of experience with childcare, teaching, or camp counseling required.
· CPR certification preferred.
To apply: Go to https://forms.gle/bk7Cz36gXuQUYwRr5
Background CheckA background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily and is required for volunteers or employment. W.A.K.E., Inc. will make a conditional offer of employment or accept an application for volunteers, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current W.A.K.E., Inc. volunteer or employee who was conditionally offered the position.W.A.K.E., Inc. expects respectful, professional behavior from its employees in all situations. Acts of harassment or abusive conduct are prohibited. Demonstrated appropriate professional behavior, treating others with civility and respect, and refusing to tolerate abusive conduct is expected of all employees.
Equal Employment StatementW.A.K.E., Inc. is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, or veteran status. W.A.K.E., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Application Information Contact: Deanne Woodard, CEO at email@example.com for more information or if you have questions. Please go to https://forms.gle/bk7Cz36gXuQUYwRr5 to apply.
Sign up now to have W.A.K.E., Inc. campers proxy fish for you!