Signed in as:
Signed in as:
Wilderness Adventures for Kids Everywhere, Inc.
Job Title: Fundraising Coordinator
Job ID: VOL-072002
Salary: None (Future Salary Range TBD)
Type: Volunteer – Part Time
The Fundraising Coordinator will coordinate fundraising strategies and is responsible for supporting major fundraising programs. He/She will work closely with the corporation’s Social Media Manager to assist in the social media promotions for all fundraising events and efforts. The Fundraising Coordinator is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for event planning, researching gift opportunities, and writing grant proposals. That passion comes through as she/he engages with current and prospective donors on a daily basis, with the ultimate goal of turning supporters into donors and turning donors into advocates.
Community leadership and participation (both online and offline) are integral to a Fundraising Coordinator’s success. An essential component is communicating the company’s brand in a positive, authentic way that will attract today’s modern, hyper-connected donors.
· Develop and implement a fundraising strategy and action plan
· Assist in setting the annual fundraising goals and budget
· Identify and suggest fundraising opportunities
· Plan and implement approved fundraising events and activities
· Manage the online fundraising platform
· Identify and assist in the pursuit of appropriate grants including researching and writing grant applications
· Cultivate relationships with current and prospective donors
· In conjunction with the Treasurer, keep records relating to fundraising monies
· Provide monthly updates to the Board of Directors regarding fundraising duties and events
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Possesses knowledge and experience in fundraising and development
· Understands the importance of building and maintaining donor relationships
· Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Practices superior time management
· Understands the purpose of the corporation and is well-versed in the bylaws, policies, and procedures
· Works as a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other staff when necessary
· Demonstrates good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
· Demonstrates a positive and enthusiastic demeanor and attitude
· Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and fundraising goals without sacrificing quality
· Ability to work independently with limited guidance
· Proficient in MS Office, Social Media platforms, use of the internet, and general office equipment
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Public Relations, or related field is required.
· One year of relevant work experience in fundraising, event planning, or development.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily and is required for volunteers or employment. W.A.K.E., Inc. will make a conditional offer of employment or accept an application for volunteers, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current W.A.K.E., Inc. volunteer or employee who was conditionally offered the position.
W.A.K.E., Inc. expects respectful, professional behavior from its employees in all situations. Acts of harassment or abusive conduct are prohibited. Demonstrated appropriate professional behavior, treating others with civility and respect, and refusing to tolerate abusive conduct is expected of all employees.
Equal Employment Statement
W.A.K.E., Inc. is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, or veteran status. W.A.K.E., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact: Deanne Woodard, CEO at email@example.com for more information.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and the names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sign up now to have W.A.K.E., Inc. campers proxy fish for you!