Signed in as:
Signed in as:
Wilderness Adventures for Kids Everywhere, Inc.
Job Title: Social Media Manager
Job ID: VOL-072001
Salary: None (Future Salary Range TBD)
Type: Volunteer – Part Time
The Social Media Manager will administer the corporation’s social media marketing and advertising. He/She will work closely with the corporation’s Fundraising Coordinator assist in the social media promotions for all fundraising events and efforts. The Social Media Manager is a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with current and future customers. That passion comes through as she/he engages with prospective clients and donors on a daily basis, with the ultimate goal of turning supporters into donors and turning donors into advocates.
Community leadership and participation (both online and offline) are integral to a Social Media Manager’s success. An essential component is communicating the company’s brand in a positive, authentic way that will attract today’s modern, hyper-connected donors.
· Develop and implement a social media marketing plan including deliberate planning, strategy, and goal setting
· Development of brand awareness and online reputation
· Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts
· Content management (including website)
· Oversee design (ie: Social media graphics for Facebook cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, Blog, etc.)
· SEO (search engine optimization) and generation of inbound traffic
· Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating of leads and donors
· Design, create and manage promotions and social ad campaigns, being sure to integrate with company’s overall marketing campaign plan and channels.
· Create and manage an online review funnel for building online reviews and reputation. Monitor online reviews and respond to each review timely and with care.
· Analyze key metrics and tweak strategy as needed.
· Compile reports for management showing results for return on investment (ROI).
· Community engagement both online and offline
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing. Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media. (Give links to profiles as examples).
· Proficient in content marketing theory and application.
· Exhibits the ability to transition from the creative side of marketing to analytical side; able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
· Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
· Maintains excellent writing and language skills.
· Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
· Exceeds at building and maintaining donor relationships, online and off.
· Practices superior time management.
· Works as a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other staff when necessary. (i.e.: content development, creation and editing of content, and online reputation management).
· Demonstrates good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
· Maintains a working knowledge of principles of Search Engine Optimization (SEO) including keyword research and Google Analytics.
· Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social.”
· Possesses functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress CMS (self-hosted).
· Demonstrates winning Social Customer Service techniques such as empathy, patience, advocacy and conflict resolution.
· Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Public Relations, or related field is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
· One year of relevant work experience in social media management.
· Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily and is required for volunteers or employment. W.A.K.E., Inc. will make a conditional offer of employment or accept an application for volunteers, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current W.A.K.E., Inc. volunteer or employee who was conditionally offered the position.
W.A.K.E., Inc. expects respectful, professional behavior from its employees in all situations. Acts of harassment or abusive conduct are prohibited. Demonstrated appropriate professional behavior, treating others with civility and respect, and refusing to tolerate abusive conduct is expected of all employees.
Equal Employment Statement
W.A.K.E., Inc. is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, or veteran status. W.A.K.E., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact: Deanne Woodard, CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and the names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of three (3) professional references to email@example.com.
Sign up now to have W.A.K.E., Inc. campers proxy fish for you!