Signed in as:
Signed in as:
Wilderness Adventures for Kids Everywhere, Inc.
Job Title: Volunteer Coordinator
Job ID: VOL-072003
Salary: None (Future Salary Range TBD)
Type: Volunteer – Part Time
The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for recruiting and managing groups of volunteers, as well as individual volunteers. He/she ensures that the interests of volunteers are served and that the volunteer pool remains well staffed. The Volunteer Coordinator will coordinate and schedule volunteers on an ongoing basis or organize single events. He/she must also keep existing volunteers informed via newsletters or other communications.
Community leadership and participation (both online and offline) are integral to a Volunteer Coordinator’s success. An essential component is communicating the company’s brand in a positive, authentic way that will attract volunteers.
· Work with Board of Directors to identify potential volunteers
· Actively recruit volunteers using various marketing tools, including volunteer databases, email, and outreach events
· Match interested volunteers with opportunities to that suit their skill set and serve the corporation
· Ensure that individual volunteers feel comfortable with their placements and fully understand their responsibilities
· Conduct volunteer intake interviews better determine volunteer placement
· Serve as the point of contact for all current and prospective volunteers
· Provide necessary training and information sessions, as needed, for volunteers
· Create and generate regular communications with current volunteers including newsletters or other communications to keep them informed about happenings within the corporation and additional volunteer opportunities
· Organize and implement thank you events and efforts to thank volunteers for their service
· Provide monthly updates to the Board of Directors regarding volunteer opportunities and needs
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Must be well-organized and detail-oriented
· Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Practices superior time management
· Understands the purpose of the corporation and is well-versed in the bylaws, policies, and procedures
· Works as a team player
· Demonstrates good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
· Demonstrates a positive and enthusiastic demeanor and attitude
· Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and volunteer needs
· Ability to work independently with limited guidance
· Proficient in MS Office, Social Media platforms, use of the internet, and general office equipment
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree is required.
· One year of relevant work or volunteer experience in nonprofit industry.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily and is required for volunteers or employment. W.A.K.E., Inc. will make a conditional offer of employment or accept an application for volunteers, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current W.A.K.E., Inc. volunteer or employee who was conditionally offered the position.
W.A.K.E., Inc. expects respectful, professional behavior from its employees in all situations. Acts of harassment or abusive conduct are prohibited. Demonstrated appropriate professional behavior, treating others with civility and respect, and refusing to tolerate abusive conduct is expected of all employees.
Equal Employment Statement
W.A.K.E., Inc. is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, or veteran status. W.A.K.E., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact: Deanne Woodard, CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and the names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of three (3) professional references to email@example.com.
Sign up now to have W.A.K.E., Inc. campers proxy fish for you!