Wilderness Adventures for Kids Everywhere, Inc.
Job Title: Youth Referral Coordinator
Job ID: VOL-072006
Salary: None (Future Salary Range TBD)
Type: Volunteer – Part Time
The Youth Referral Coordinator is responsible for recruiting and managing youth referrals for participants in W.A.K.E., Inc.’s programs. He/She will manage participant applications and work with the Board of Directors to identify youth and serve as the point of contact (POC) for parents or guardians. As the primary POC for families, the Youth Referral Coordinator must be energetic, persistent, and patient to ensure all necessary paperwork is collected and maintained for each participant.
· Work with the Board of Directors to identify youth through youth referrals from Directors and community members
· Maintain accurate records of all participants including applications, insurance and waivers, special needs, medical histories, release forms, and any other necessary documentation
· Serve as the POC for parents/guardians of participants
· Prepare detailed reports and updates to the Board of Directors regarding participant data and needs
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Must be well-organized and detail-oriented
· Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Practices superior time management
· Understands the purpose of the corporation and is well-versed in the bylaws, policies, and procedures
· Works as a team player
· Demonstrates good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly
· Demonstrates a positive and enthusiastic demeanor and attitude
· Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines and expectations
· Ability to work independently with limited guidance
· Proficient in MS Office, Social Media platforms, use of the internet, and general office equipment
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s degree is required.
· 3+ years of experience hunting, fishing, and/or camping
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily and is required for volunteers or employment. W.A.K.E., Inc. will make a conditional offer of employment or accept an application for volunteers, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current W.A.K.E., Inc. volunteer or employee who was conditionally offered the position.
W.A.K.E., Inc. expects respectful, professional behavior from its employees in all situations. Acts of harassment or abusive conduct are prohibited. Demonstrated appropriate professional behavior, treating others with civility and respect, and refusing to tolerate abusive conduct is expected of all employees.
Equal Employment Statement
W.A.K.E., Inc. is committed to creating a community in which a diverse population can work in an atmosphere of tolerance, civility and respect for the rights and sensibilities of each individual, without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, medical condition, age, or veteran status. W.A.K.E., Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Contact: Deanne Woodard, CEO at email@example.com for more information.
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and the names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses of three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.